Interested in Healthy Cooking Classes For Yourself, Friend, or Loved One? Contact me by emailing veghead18 at gmail.com! I can come into offices, homes, or gyms!
Classes make a great present!
I hope you can join me for these future events!
All Public Healthy Cooking Classes Thursday evenings 6-8 pm held At Trocaire College Transit Road Williamsville, NY 14221. Check back for updates!
1) Healthy Plant-Based Cooking Classes at Trocaire College-general public classes are typically the 1st Thursdays of each and will pick back up October 2018-June 2019. Classes meet 6-8 pm. Advanced registration is required and classes do typically sell out. Classes are plant-based, gluten and oil free.
***Please LMK if you have ideas for next year!
a) Theme: Middle Eastern, October 4th click here to register
- Buckwheat Tabbouleh
- Baked Falafel with Israeli Salad
- Hummus & Tahini
b) Live & Fermented Foods “Cooking Class”, November 1st, click here to register
Items you will sample and learn about:
-You will make and take home a jar of kimchi
-How to grow your own sprouts
-Fermented Spicy Veggies
-Raw pickeled onions
-Raw carrot soup
Check my FB page Garden Fresh Foodie to keep up to date!
c) Healthy Holidays, December 6th, click here to register
Items you will make
-Butternut Squash Soup
-Veggie Stuffed Mushrooms
-Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes (Latkes, baked, not fried) with Cranberry Sauce
2) World On Your Plate: An amazing weekend of the politics of food as well as local food presenters, movers, and shakers. DON’t MISS IT!!!! I will be presenting. Keynote speakers are: NAACP – Rev. Mark Blue, President, Buffalo Branch. Our featured speakers will be Sarah van Gelder, author & co-founder of YES! Magazine along with Jacqui Patterson, Senior Director of the NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program. As always there will be multiple workshops, vendors, informational tables and entertainment. Ticket pricing is only $30 for both days (total) pre-registration!!! For more information, click here.
3) Gift Certificates! Yes, I do them! Makes the perfect moms, dads, and grads present! Please LMK if you’re interested and I will design one with your recipient’s name on it, and the number of classes you wish to purchase. Email or call me for more details 🙂
4) Private/workplace Cooking Classes/health consultations-available too for workplaces, Scouts, and family/friends, contact me if interested. If you are a health care provider, please contact me to provide services to patients!
****I’m really trying to bring a CHIP (complete health improvement program) here. Here is a link to info on the program. Please reply if you are interested, or if you think your physician would be interested in hearing about this.
In addition, if you are a Yelp user, if you’ve been to any of my classes and you’d be so kind to write a review, I’d be so appreciative! To do so, click here. Thank you, and let’s make 2018 the HEALTHIEST EVER!
Private Cooking Classes Make a Great Present or Workplace Activity!!! Purchase a gift certificate or book a private class! Girl Scout programs too!
Planning For THIS Year???? Community Groups? Email me to schedule a program!
I also work with the Girl Scouts of WNY, so call me about how I can help with your culinary badges!
Gift Certificate for In-Home Cooking Classes
Ask about Class Ideas At Your Office or Next Party
About me as a food educator and plant-based chef in Buffalo, NY:
I am a passionate garden and food-based educator with a BA in environmental studies, MEd in Science Education, and have taught food education to people from ages 3-93. I have taught many different kinds of cooking classes in many settings, both urban and suburban schools, for educators as professional development, high school enrichment, and for seniors.
I have furthered my journey into wellness by getting a Plant-Based Professional Culinary Certification through Rouxbe Cooking School. The amazing team of educators, led by Chad Sarno previously of Whole Foods, has opened my eyes to amazing applications of plant-based cooking and culinary skills. I have learned additional ways to diversify our meals and enhance my understanding of plant based foods and wellness, as a part of my educational journey. In addition I hold a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell, a program run through the T. Colin Campbell School of Nutrition.
I will come to your home, health care facility, or business if you are interested in a group cooking class or individualized instruction. Let me know how I can help you on your path towards health.