This year I am trying to find deeper meaning in what it means to be thankful. The meaning of thankful is defined as “pleased and relieved”. To find that meaning, I am looking within, as well as to those who surround me. It’s time to give thanks. It’s time to pass the plate, open up our hearts, and to appreciate the people and experiences that make our lives whole. It’s time to take stock and celebrate the experiences that have brought us to today, good or bad. Life has taught me that sometimes it’s the struggle and hardships that make us better. As hard as it may be to have gratitude for those struggles, it is what makes us who we are, and for that I try to find gratitude. There are lessons to be had. Take time to slow down and find the meaning in them. Take time to ask yourself, what are you grateful for?
I am grateful for the people in my life and my ability to share good food with others. I am thankful to be able to have food to feed those I love. Sharing my knowledge and love for health is something I am most passionate about, and a way in which I try to give back to my community. *If you’re interested in giving back, here are some charities that help those who are hungry: Feeding America will connect you to your local food bank.
Holidays can be hard, especially for those like us who have diets different than the Standard American Diet. To combat this, I ALWAYS bring a bunch of dishes and enough to share. This way, I won’t put any stress on the host and I know my family and I will be able to eat.
Below are some recipes ideas for a Plant-Based Thanksgiving menu, and dishes I plan on bringing. All dishes are plant-based, gluten free, and oil free!
Plant-Based Main Dishes:
- Pomegranate Pistachio Quinoa
- Rainbow Rice Salad
- Rainbow Kale Salad
- Cranberry Sauce
- Corn Muffins
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Plant-Based Oil Free Desserts:
- Pumpkin Pudding (super easy, no cooking)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
- Apple Spice Cake (more time consuming but worth it!)
- Peanut Butter Pie (easy, no baking)
- Apple Cranberry Bars (the base of these does have oil)
From my family to you and yours, a very happy and HEALTHY Thanksgiving. May the holiday season be meaningful and bring you peace.
For My Locals
- ***Gift idea, I do gift certificates for my public classes. Contact me for how! veghead18 at gmail dot com
- trusted tablets online pharmacy 2 upcoming Public Plant-Based Cooking Classes (great ideas for the healthy holidays!)-2 different menus! Click links to register! ( http://sanfordbiggers.com/bio canadian pharmacy viagra Plus free program at Whole Foods at 6pm Tuesday Dec 5).
canadian pharmacy online a. Thursday Nov 30 6-8pm at Trocaire College Williamsville
- Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes (Latkes)-Baked not fried! with Cranberry Topping
- Quinoa Confetti Salad
- Apple Chia Seed Pudding Parfaits
order now b. Thursday Dec 7 6-8pm at Trocaire College Williamsville
- Cauliflower Wings
- French Onion Soup (Hold the cheese!)
- Quinoa Quiche Bites
- Chocolate Ganache Tart
To be notified of upcoming classes, click here